A lot of people use Rapidshare, and also Megaupload and others I might add, to share files around the world. The only way I have used them is if I have a direct link to the file I am after because how else could you find a file on Rapidshare? Well it is quite easy actually because there are heaps of sites that offer the ability to search through Rapidshare.
I have tried out a lot of them and this is my list of 10 Rapidshare Search Engines. Of course the search is only useful if the file name has the search term in it, if the file is called musica49B you have no chance of finding it. Most, maybe all use a custom modified Google search for their results. You may have a favourite so let me know please.
- FileCrop searches Rapidshare and you can specify the range of file size – eg. between, say, 30MB and 50MB, good to help narrow down the search.
- RapidLibrary is a good one. It searches Rapidshare but they also have a MegaUpload search site as well.
- RapidShareSearchEngine works really well and searches are grouped , meaning similar files names are together. Well done and you can even change the look of the site if you want.
- ShareDigger is a nice and simple RapidShare serach engine but also can search 15 other file deposit sites as well.
- Leecha is another multi file hosting search site. This ones feature is that you can tick just the sites you want to search.
- RapidZero is interesting. It is not a simple RapidShare Search Engine it is a forum that list all Rapidshare links (you can search the forums of course) Really, really good.
- LoadEvery is very comprehensive with more than 20 sites to search on top of Rapidshare. Once again just tick the ones you want. They also have a LoadEveryLite for a simple interface if wanted.
- Gappon is nice, simple and neat. Fast too.
- TotMe is another RS search engine. They say they check 100,000 Rapidshare links everyday so no outdated links.
- Megadownload is a good choice for MegaUpload and RapidShare files. Simple and fast.
Well that is it, 10 of the best RS search engines. There are lots more but most of the others I tried use Pop-up ads and other sneaky adverts.