So today Steve Jobs has resigned from Apple immediately – this only means that he is critically sick I would think – poor bugger, cancer is a mongrel disease isn’t it?
His place at the top running the company will be filled by Tim Cook, who was Apple’s chief operating officer.
Steve Jobs has had a lot of health problems over the last few years that made him to take leave from the company. As recent as January he was taking an indefinite medical leave from Apple , that was the third time in recent years.
In August 2004, Jobs underwent surgery to treat a rare form of pancreatic cancer, in January 2009, Jobs said that he was suffering from a hormone imbalance that was stopping his body’s to be able to absorb certain proteins and in April 2009 he had liver transplant surgery.
It seems that maybe he isn’t well enough to stay on the job at Apple, he did look very, very frail and weak when he was doing the announcement of the new Apple headquarters.
Here is a little time line of Steve Jobs work-
- 1976 Co-founds Apple with Steve Wozniak.
- 1984 Apple introduces the MacIntosh computer.
- 1985 Jobs’ leaves Apple (pushed byCEO John Sculley.
- 1985 Founds Next Computer / Next Software.
- 1986 Buys computer graphics division of LucasFilm, and renamed Pixar.
- 1996 Returns to Apple as adviser when Apple buys Next Software.
- 1997 Named interim CEO of Apple.
- 2001 Apple introduces iTunes software and the iPod; the iTunes store follows in 2003.
- 2006 Disney buys Pixar; Jobs becomes largest shareholder.
- 2007 Apple introduces the iPhone.
- 2009 Takes 6-month leave of absence for medical reasons.
- 2010 Apple introduces the iPad.
- Jan 2011 Takes medical leave of absence.
- Aug 2011 Resigns as CEO.