I have been reading up a bit about this Zune player from Microsoft – very interesting. of course pro ipoders will say it’s no good but I’ll wait until I see one.
This is what it is reported to have:
• The navigation controller that looks like it might be a wheel isn’t actually a wheel, it’s just a standard 4-way thumb-pad. The longer you hold it up or down, the faster you scroll through lists.
• The GUI is something like Windows MCE 2005.
• Displays album art while playing music, or a graphical visualization routing similiar to those found in MCE.
• Has an FM radio receiver and an FM transmitter. The transmitter can feed artist and song title information to receivers that can make use of it. Some GM cars are capable of displaying this info on the radio’s display, apparently.
• Has WiFi and Capture (FM record?) options in the menu, but they were disabled in the prototype.
• It does play video, and the screen orientation can be rotated into landscape mode.
• Earphones have a magnetized housing that makes them stick together (for easier cord management) and the backside of the player is magnetized as well so you can store them there when not in use.
• Has an iPod-like dock connector on the bottom edge.
• Player casing is plastic and semi-transparent.
• Comes with pre-loaded music from .
This info is fromGizmodo
this pic is from Gizmodo.